I have created a wiki page where I will post all the details about the implementation. This page will let you to get an overview of how I will move towards implementing ideas.
I have also started creating placeholder files where all the fun will take place. I try to follow the file naming and coding standards, so that I do not make a mess out there.
This is the link to the pma fork that I am working in. I believe I did not mention that earlier.
Now, when everything stands in their place, the goal for the next week is to tie in the OFC code into pma.
P.S. I decided to use NetBeans. It works great with PHP and it is the one that I have most experience with when developing PHP code.